Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Antony and Julius-week 1 thought question 3

Right from the beginning of the play, we see a strong mentor-student like friendship between Antonius and Caesar that was formed between them during the Gallic Wars.  Caesar holds a deep respect for Antonius as a consultant, asking him to "come on my right side and tell me truly what thou think'st of him." (the him being Cassius)  and Antonius shows his deep respect for Caesar by offering him a coronet during the procession.

5 comments:

  1. I liked the "mentor-student" reference, and the quote you used, and how you used it.

    Ben.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Ben said, the quote you used was PERFECT. However, you kind of left me hanging with the last sentence. Anyone wanting to gain the faver of the most powerful man in Rome might have done the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you told where the friendship came from. I agree with Jacob that you left it hanging at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't find anything I didn't like about this post. Explaining their friendship was formed during the Gallic wars, and the Mentor/Student kind of friendship. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job. I like the details showing where their friendship began and solidified.

    ReplyDelete