I watched the BBC television film adaptation of William Shakespeare's Hamlet produced by Seb Grant and John Wyver,
directed by Gregory Doran and starring David Tenant as Hamlet.
The reason I chose this Movie to watch was because I had seen David Tenant portraying the best incarnation of Doctor who and I was curios to see how good of an actor he was in other movies.
Tenant does not disappoint in this movie, portraying perhaps the best Hamlet on screen thus far. While his mad scenes are entertaining, I believe his serious speeches outshine them.
His interactions with Horatio are probably the best portrayed out of all the rest of the movies.
The only character I dislike in the movie is Mariah Gale's Ophelia.
This portrayal is lacking both in personality and acting skill in general.
Good over all, but it's just "The Doctor" not "Doctor Who".
ReplyDeleteNS
Very good explanation on "why you chose this one" but it could have been a bit longer.
ReplyDeleteBen.
ya its THE DOCTOR not doctor who! i agree with u on the aspect of Ophelia
ReplyDelete;-)
Taylor, I know how much you like "The Doctor", so I am not surprised you like this version better. You gave good reasons, I think that there were so many questions to answer, that you seemed a little let flowing in your answer compared to the revenge answer. But overall, good job.
ReplyDeleteMrs. Sexton